Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend in Wrightsville

 

It was a quick weekend trip to Wrightsville Beach -- a favorite destination of mine for many years. Joe had a conference there (who says accountants don't know where to have fun???)! We drove through a monsoon to get there but after we arrived the skies cleared and we spent the entire weekend swimming, sunning, running and eating seafood favorites.

My stress meter was pegged before we left (back to school, PTA responsibilities, kid schedule juggling and packing collided...). Once we arrived I let the calming influence of the ocean take over (even though I realized right away the ONE thing I didn't pack was my running shoes). Thanks to free wireless at our motel I found my treasured Mizuno Wave Inspire 4-Women at Dick's in Wilmington and popped in and out with my brand new shoes. Problem solved. Training schedule intact. Stress be gone.

The girls say they are ready to go back to the beach. Me, too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: