Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Perfect "10"

Now, I know no Olympic gymnast will go home with a perfect "10" this year -- but I am feeling like I scored one.

Okay, it wasn't perfect. It was actually, awfully slow. But it was 10. 10 Miles.

The 10-Mile mark has been this Iron Curtain for me. I can knock on the door but never hit the other side. But there was something about Saturday. Low humidity. A suggestion of a breeze. Hip Hop on the iPod. Just something that whispered "GO". So I did. And I guess I finally crossed the 10-Mile threshold.

Map My Run called it 9 and change. But Joe assures me the trail portion of my course can't be measured correctly since it is so far off-road. He called it an "easy 10". So I celebrated with a Starbucks Vivanno on my way to meet my family at the pool. (260 calories yet 21 g of protein -- and Travis the Trainer Boy is sure I am sadly lacking in protein in my diet.) Got to the pool and Gabriella was shivering and telling me it was "cold". That's what happens when it's only 91 and the humdiity is low.

My day was overshadowed by Joe's 16 Miler (show-off) and his waistband of chafing (still sweats like a pig, in case you wanted to know). But I'll always have my perfect 10. And maybe soon, my perfect 13.1.

2 comments:

lt said...

Carla - that's fantastic! You should be really proud. 13.1 is right around the corner - and no match for a mom of 3! Great Job!

Unknown said...

Can you get me to 1 mile.  :)  Congrats